4 Ways YOU'VE been Clickbaited?! 4 Ways YOU'VE been Clickbaited?!

Funny and True! You don't find that much on the internet these so, you for me, you get a 5/5.

ApexxWolf responds:

Thanks <3

Free to Play Free to Play

omfg this makes me look like a complete moron but this video hits the nail right on the head. Good Irony makes me feel good ;-D

Time to Madness Part02 Time to Madness Part02

Definitely Elevator. Haha, ha, heh...

Space Orbit 2 Space Orbit 2

Not bad for a nice retro throwback. The controls were a little clunky, since the ship only moves from the edges of the screen to the center and back again in one keypress, so to avoid I had to keep tapping the keys back and forth to stay in one place. Just a suggestion: Try an acceleration physics routine that increases or decreases thrust with the keypress to allow better control while still retaining the difficulty of handling momentum. Besides that, the graphics were good and the sound was standard for a retro game. All in all, I give this game a 3.

MouseGame MouseGame

This is just another mouse/avoid type game. If you're just testing your ability to code on the unity player, then its okay I guess, but for gameplay, it needs to be less difficult. Some of the areas are almost too narrow, and the foreground obscuring it (I understand this is part of the game) makes it very difficult to judge exactly where the walls are. This degenerates the game to a frustrating trial-and-error rather than fun. Sorry, gameplay is key for me - i'm only giving this a 1.

PongArena PongArena

The music and graphics are good, but the gameplay seriously needs some rework. Rather than using the [right] key to shoot, try designating a specific key to use with the opposite hand so a player can shoot *and* move at the same time, and have the chargeup continue while the key is pressed, rather than auto-shoot and charge when the key is not pressed.
Since gameplay is the key behind any game, no matter how beautiful it is presented, this one only gets 1.5 from me.

Dreamirl responds:

I understand your issue, it's hard to offer a default key binding that doesn't fit with a 2 player configuration for one keyboard.
However it's really better to play it with a gamepad (and with a friend).

Partner Theme (1f1n1ty Remix) Partner Theme (1f1n1ty Remix)

The words I want to say to express my feelings on this piece do not exist. Seriously. There is just so much variety, so many effects, so much traveling around - I can tell without your lengthy exposition that you put in a lot of hard work into this. IMHO, this deserves at 5/5 from me.

Just a little bit of technical opinion though - At 100%, I did still get some clipping that results in some distortion. It's a personal preference of mine to listen to awesome music at 100% even if most people keep their master at or around 60%. You really shouldn't be afraid of the hard limiter during mastering, while some algorithms are notoriously deficient, others really don't degrade your sound that much. I use Audacity when mastering my music, and I always start off with a hard limit down to -5 or -6db to smooth out the spikes so that I don't wind up with clipping after I compress, equalize and/or normalize. Just don't do it after you compress. Alternately, you can make sure when you're rendering to jack up your master to 100% and keep the peak at about -5 or -6db, then you won't need to hard limit at all. Hope that helps!

1f1n1ty responds:

Wow, thanks for the review!

As for the mastering part, for this track I did basically no mastering. I left the default Fruity Limiter on the master and that was it. :/ It's just my inability to master well makes it so that the Fruity Limiter sounds better than anything I can conjure. About the hard limiter, a lot of people in past reviews have told me that hard limiting is really noticeable. It's not something I hear, because I kinda suck, but most people tell me it's really bad. Maybe it's the algorithm. I don't know. :/

Thanks for reviewing! I appreciate feedback. :)

Forward Modulation_0.7 Forward Modulation_0.7

I really was surprised when the brass came out of nowhere over the piano, and it sounded really good even with the dragged out syncopation and melodic indirection. (lol, in my head I went "Horns!" when I heard it). I just wish there was a little more variety in the piece... if your intent was to keep the piano as the background accompaniment, then another verse or 2 of brass wouldn't really be a bad thing, it really has the promise of a wonderful melodic journey. A technical side-note: With my master volume at 100%, there was some clipping in the lower register which created a little distortion - try equalizing the lower register down a little, or hard limiting it during mastering to -2 or -1db, I think it will sound a little better. Just a little constructive criticism - take it with a grain of MSG. Final word - Keep up the good work! 3/5

dylanasinbob responds:

Thanks for the tips my friend! I don't have nearly the amount of time I wish I had to master so most of my time I mix and if I have a little time to master Ill do so just to try to get the bounce to be as close to -6db as possible. Anyway, thanks for the tips Ill definitely keep those things in mind when I get a chance to revisit this song in the future!

Restless Jester Wants To Pester Restless Jester Wants To Pester

This is a very well crafted piece of art for what it is designed from a technical point of view - IMHO a little strange in places with some chord progressions and accidentals that don't quite fit right, but do contribute to the overall effect of "flighty" and "unpredictable" which is just what you were going for. The unresolved ending fits right in with the whole theme, however - I think that you could still maintain that "hanging" feeling by leaving the final chord progression leading back into the beginning of a loop somewhere in the piece, thus creating a sense of ambiguity without leaving the listener with a jarring cliffhanger. Just constructive criticism, take it with some MSG. 4/5 :-D